GET STARTED AT EMPOWER YOGA
New Student Guide
Our Friendly Knowledgable team is here to support you!
Empower Yoga recognizes that initially getting started with yoga can feel intimidating. With so many options and choices you may be uncertain where to begin. We have highly trained teachers and staff members that are happy to help guide you. Feel free to stop by our studio and try out a class! All of our regularly scheduled classes are drop-in classes, but you can register online to save your spot. Reservations can be made through our online schedule.
Empower Yoga welcomes all new students. We have classes and programs designed to help get you started on your own yoga journey. Yoga for Beginners is our bi-monthly 30 day program that will guide you every step of the way. During this guided yoga program we will cover all of the yoga basics, ensuring you will feel confident stepping into any yoga class.
We offer Healthy Backs, Slow Burn, Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Yin yoga classes. We normally suggest brand new students start with Healthy Backs class, but if you're not sure just ask one of our teachers or stop by the desk for more class information. All of the yoga classes offered at Empower Yoga are multi-level classes. This means that you can join us for any one of our regularly scheduled classes, and are free to make modifications to suit your own individual needs and abilities.
Yoga Etiquette and Helpful Hints
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class. This will give you time to check in and find your space in the yoga room.
- Yoga is practiced in bare feet. Please leave your shoes and your belongings outside the studio in our changing room cubbies. No shoes are allowed to enter the yoga space.
- It's best to practice yoga on an empty stomach and an empty bladder.
- Make sure you are fully hydrated. We recommend you bring a bottle of water along with you.
- Empower Yoga is a cell phone free zone. Please don't bring your phone into the studio, and be mindful that texting can be distracting to those around you. If you do bring a cell phone into the studio please turn it completely off and leave it with your belongings.
- Once you enter the yoga room, please refrain from talking to others and carrying on conversation. We practice Noble Silence while in this space. The yoga teacher will speak to the class as a whole, but conversations are not carried on during practice. Many students like to arrive early to the studio to meditate and find stillness before class begins.
- If you have your own mat, bring it along with you. If you don't have one, we sell them at the studio or offer rentals for $2 per class. It is also suggested to bring along your own towel.
- Please avoid wearing cologne or perfume.
- Please arrive to class on time and don't leave early.
- Create your online account and purchase your new student special before arriving at the studio.